Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gotcha Day!!!



This is a little late in posting, but I wanted to mention our Gotcha Day this year....Gotcha Day is referring to the day you were given your baby when adopting. April 5th is the day Grace stole our hearts in Nanchang China. My mom and sister were kind enough to buy me tickets to the Steven Curtis Chapman/Michael W. Smith United concert that was on April 5th here in Norfolk Va. I was going to take Kyle originally but he seemed less than enthusiastic about it and when I realized it was Grace's Gotcha Day I thought it would be a great event to take her to. Steven Curtis Chapman and his family have started a foundation, Shoahannah's Hope, which gives grants to families for the expense of adopting, are major advocates of adoption within the christian community, and have three girls adopted from China as well.
We started the night off by going to Chili's (my favorite) and enjoyed our "mommy, Gracie dinner" (that's what Grace called it) The waitress cleaned our table off while I was taking Grace to the bathroom...I guess the downfall of going out without another adult....but what we got to eat was great!
We had great seats at the concert....(3rd row)....and even got a shout out from Steven Curtis Chapman when he saw our sign (see above pic). I'm not much of a "sign holder" at events like this but this one was worth it and Grace had a blast holding it high for all to see!!!
All in all, it was a great night and the concert was spectacular!!!
On a side note, as May 21st approaches please pray for the Chapman family. Many of you may know that his five year old daughter from China was killed last May 21st in an accident in their family driveway. Please remember to lift up this family and this man, who inspires and ministers to so many through his music, in prayer.
Did I happen to mention Darin comes home May 22nd!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Faulkners said...

Love the pictures, what a great way to spend such an important day!