Monday, March 30, 2009

March madness!

I must admit, I was dreading March. I know it's an awful thing to wish your life away, but when your husband and father are away from you, your only desire is to be back together again, counting the days until that happens. It's hard not to feel like your life is on hold; like you are wishing days to pass. I have tried hard to keep positive for the kids and for my own sanity. Having visitors and planning small trips help the time pass. March was going to be a long month without many visitor and no trips planned. Thankfully I had unplanned guests and Grace's birthday (which we seemed to celebrate all month) seemed to break up the monotony. I can't say the same thing for Darin although he seems to be doing well and keeping his spirits up. We have not heard from him in about a week, since his ship left Nigeria. They will be pulling in to another country in the next few days so hopefully connection will be up again soon!!!
We received our official orders to Singapore so we are trying to plan our move over there which is quite problematic when the active duty member is not Statesside. Seems that I am half human in the eyes of the military because I am just "the dependent." I like planning and having everything squared away so not being able to check things off of my list is quite stressful. But I know it will all get done, maybe not on my timetable but eventually it will all come together! We plan on leaving for Singapore the first week of July, if all things go according to plans. I am reminded daily of the following verse, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16
On a lighter note, you will notice in the above picture that my girls have taken to playing "doctor" with our bassett hound as their patient. Poor dog...I'm sure she's wishing for a new family right about now. She takes it like a trooper!!!

No comments: